Office: +60384081680 | Advisory: +60108242527 (whatsapp)
Homestays are one of the most popular and profitable businesses in Malaysia. Many travelers are interested in homestays rather than regular hotels due to the amazing benefits a homestay offers.
A homestay business is when you rent out a room or space to others who are around the area and monetize it commercially. Homestay businesses don’t offer luxurious stays like hotels would, but rather a local experience showcasing the culture. The homestay market has been on the rise in recent years after the epidemic and travelers are looking towards a more localized and non-expensive experience rather than what a luxury hotel can provide.
Homestay business allows you to earn an income with a budget investment. It doesn’t require much work either as you’ll only be renting a few spaces. When you’re hosting international guests from all over the world, it gives you a chance to get to know a vast amount of people. Being a host is a technical business. It requires a few significant skills such as marketing, finance, communications, and customer service.
If you are planning to start a homestay business in Malaysia, you have to keep a few things in mind to follow!
First of all, you will need a company in Malaysia to start your own homestay business, for business licenses, banking, and renting issues. We are assisting with a full homestay company registration and setup services, for better papers and legal business setup. We ensure your company is fully homestay business startup-ready.
Kindly check this link for our company setup package details and fee: www.mbbusinessjoint.com/company-services.html
1. You need to know the space you’ll rent out to your guests. A condo flat or apartment flat, bungalows, living, drawing, dining, bedrooms, kitchens, and separate washrooms. You can rent out as much space as you can, but the services should be standard to draw more customer attention.
2. For homestay business in Malaysia, you will need to have your landlord’s permission to do so, if it’s not your residential property. You can just follow the hosting rules stated on your listing website such as Airbnb or Booking dot com. Also, need to consider Tourism Malaysia's rules and policies to be more legalized and safe.
3. You will require a few necessary amenities to run a fully equipped homestay. Some of the common basic amenities include toiletries, towels, pillows, bed linens, blankets, a freezer, a TV, and a Wi-Fi connection. Make sure your property is clean, tidy, and hygienic to get good reviews, some times Fewer amenities are covered with a good environment and hygiene. Also, you can add some kitchen items, if your customers feel free to keep them if they are having a long stay.
4. Make sure you have a proper system and in-house rules, because high noises or parties can make trouble for you in rented places from other flat owners or landlords. You can’t allow guests to throw a party or simply cause a huge mess in your homestay. Make sure your guests can check your in-house rules on your website, listing websites, or social network pages, and it's well documented. Make sure that your guests can communicate easily if there are any inquiries or need for assistance. If guests can communicate with you easily, they’ll feel more comfortable knowing they can simply reach you at any time needed.
5. Make sure you have a good marketing policy, without any proper marketing or promotion strategy, no one will know about your business! The best way to promote your homestay would be to make a marketing strategy with a proper market strategy and target customer analysis. You have to try listings such as Airbnb, Agoda, and Booking. Be sure to set up social media pages for your homestay business as well, so your customers can easily know about you, find you, and contact you.
Try to give your client a better first impression with good marketing and post-stay experience with follow-ups, greetings, offers, vouchers, or small souvenirs. Be more humble with luggage carriers, and local guidance by showing better places to eat or shop, be available 24/7 for any emergency, etc.
Few things you have to keep in line and ready before starting your homestay business:
1. Finding a good location to get rental properties where you can get better bookings and around attractive tourist locations.
2. A proper organizational setup with an SDN BHD company for renting and license issues and to open a business bank account so you can get online and card payments.
3. Need MOTAC registration and local council licenses which we arrange for our clients. We assist in applying and advisory.
4. Accounting is a crucial thing, we are also providing bookkeeping, accounting, audit, and taxation services.
5. Should have a proper marketing budget for online marketing.
6. Staff for cleaning and managing or hire cleaning companies for regular cleanings to make your services more tidy and attractive.
7. Add safety measures such as; medical kits, fire extinguishers, digital locks for extra security, and phone lines for effective connection (most of the internet lines in Malaysia come with a phone line).
8. Also can add up some local guide services, catering services, or transport services to get some extra profits, which papers and setup we can also assist.
7. Also make sure all rentals and utilities are paid on time so customers don't face any trouble, always save some funds for adding another flat to expand your business slowly.
Contact and email us for service price quotation
WHY MALAYSIA IS SECURE BUSINESS HEAVEN NOW
Malaysia is one of the strong economic powers in Asia & the world, even surviving very well in the global resection of 2009. With a multinational population, there is always market demand, most importantly Malaysia is among those countries that have a very powerful online market with an active customer base & because of government aid, banking aid investing is more secure in Malaysia.
This is why, investors from all over the world come to Malaysia with family & kids because of security, respect & loving nature which are the best gift of daily Malaysian life, which is hard to find in many other countries in the world. Invest in Malaysia, as a foreign direct investor for a better future & family. We are offering many business varieties in various investment budgets for foreign investors to make a profitable business investment as per their budget, so everyone gets a fair chance to make genuine investments & business survival in Malaysia, to grow together with Malaysia.
Our advisory lines
+601126664168 (whatsapp available) | +60108242527 (whatsapp available)
Call, Email, or text us & make an appointment from the website to visit our office in Malaysia.
LIM & ANI ASSOCIATES SDN BHD
Call: +603-84081680 (office landline)
© Lim & Ani Associates